Criminal Department - Price Transparency
FOR MATTERS BEFORE PLYMOUTH MAGISTRATES COURT
ROAD TRAFFIC OFFENCE (eg. Excess Alcohol, no insurance, exceeding speed limit)
Fixed Fee: £300 + VAT
2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- assistance in relation to any appeal
- any disbursements, we do not envisage any disbursements would be necessary or incurred.
You will be advised and represented by one of the solicitors in the Criminal Litigation Team. All members of the Team are Solicitors and are Accredited Duty Solicitor Representatives. 4 members of the Team, John Haythorn, Michael Green, Rebecca Wood and Tracey Baker are Higher Rights Advocates and all have at least 10 years post qualification experience. The work of the department Solicitors is supervised by John Haythorn and Rebecca Wood.
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you and provide you with advice on appeal if appropriate
If your case is before another Court please contact the office for a quote as additional costs will be incurred as a result of travel to the Court centre, this will include additional fees to cover our travel time as well as disbursements (mileage, bridge tolls and parking).
If you intend to plead not guilty and the case were to proceed to trial we can provide further information on costs but are likely to charge either an hourly rate of £200 plus VAT or we can agree a further fixed fee with you.
In the event any case involves the instruction of an expert, or obtaining of reports these costs are additional (disbursements) to any fixed fee quoted.
"As a family we found the service provided to us was delivered with ’empathy’ and was in fact ‘outstanding’, we would most certainly recommend Woollcombe Yonge to friends.”