Partner and Solicitor
Tracey joined the firm in 1989 and is a Defence Lawyer.
She specialises in criminal defence work including police station advice/representation and advocacy in the Magistrates and Crown Courts and at Courts Martial.
Tracey has rights of audience in the Higher Criminal Courts.
Tracey has been nominated for the Devon and Somerset Law Society Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year 2020
What they say about Tracey:
• “I would like to convey my sincere gratitude for the way my solicitor represented me and to all the legal team and for your support after my case, thank you all so very much.”
• “You do not need to do anything to improve your service, I wish all solicitors were as good.”
Partner and Solicitor
John has been a Partner since 1982 and holds an excellent reputation within the legal community in the South West with his experience in criminal law.
With specialisms in this area of law, John represents clients at police stations, magistrates court, crown courts and courts martial, covering the whole range of criminal offences.
He is highly experienced in advising and representing individuals and companies in relation to Road Traffic and Regulatory offences.
John has rights of audience in the Higher Criminal Courts and is a qualified Duty Solicitor.
What they say about John:
• “Can’t thank you enough for your support on the day of the interview, I know I was a bit of a wreck on that day. Again thank you, and I will be recommending your services to others for sure.”
• “Mr Haythorn was most reassuring and supportive throughout what was a very traumatic evening for me and my family, it was a relief to have a professional with me.”
- “John Haythorn always responded promptly and I felt I was in good hands”
Partner, Solicitor Advocate and Head of the Criminal Department.
Rebecca is a Partner in the firm.
Rebecca specialises in Criminal Defence law covering offences across the whole spectrum of criminal law.
She is a qualified Duty Solicitor undertaking work at Police Stations, Magistrates Courts, Youth Courts and Crown Courts.
Rebecca is a Solicitor Advocate, qualified to provide advocacy in the Higher Courts and represent clients through the entirety of their case.
Rebecca is passionate about providing a proactive defence for our clients and ensuring the best possible outcome in their case.
With links to the Royal Navy, Rebecca is keen to support and work with the Armed Forces.
Rebecca joins the Local Criminal Justice Board (LCJB), which brings together senior leaders in the Criminal Justice System (CJS) to drive forwards work to address the challenges in the system. She is also the Chair of the working group ‘Improving Outcomes for Women in the CJS’.
In January 2020 Rebecca joined Plymouth Law Society committee and is an active member of the local legal community.
In July 2022 Rebecca became a ‘Salaried Partner’ in the firm.
What they say about Rebecca:
• “If I needed a solicitor again I would definitely use this Company, a police friend of mine recommended you, it was very good advice.”
• “Very friendly and explained everything.”
- “Great service. I felt very supported and felt like nothing was too much trouble and no question was a stupid one. Big thank you to Rebecca for her help with my first and hopefully last court experience”.
- “Best move I did using Woollcombe Yonge. I feel very confident under the wing of Rebecca in our situation”.
- “Rebecca was professional, articulate and very informative. Instantly put me at ease, as it was and is a stressful time for me”.
Solicitor in the Criminal Department
Paul joined the Criminal Litigation Department on the 28th May 2019.
Paul is an accredited Duty Solicitor. He is an experienced criminal practitioner also undertaking licencing, taxi licencing and health and safety work.
Lucie is supervised by Rebecca Wood in the Criminal Department also working alongside Tracey Baker and Paul Brookman.
Legal Assistant/Office Manager
Jan joined us in 2002 and is our Office Manager.
Jan also supports the solicitors in the Criminal Department on a day to day basis as their personal assistant.
"As a family we found the service provided to us was delivered with ’empathy’ and was in fact ‘outstanding’, we would most certainly recommend Woollcombe Yonge to friends.”