Tracey joined the firm in 1989 and as well as being the Managing Partner of Woollcombe Yonge, she is also a Defence Lawyer.
She specialises in criminal defence work including police station advice/representation and advocacy in the Magistrates and Crown Courts and at Courts Martial.
Tracey has rights of audience in the Higher Criminal Courts.
What they say about Tracey:
• “I would like to convey my sincere gratitude for the way my solicitor represented me and to all the legal team and for your support after my case, thank you all so very much.”
• “You do not need to do anything to improve your service, I wish all solicitors were as good.”
Partner and Solicitor in our Crime Department.
John has been a Partner since 1982 and holds an excellent reputation within the legal community in the South West with his experience in criminal law.
With specialisms in this area of law, John represents clients at police stations, magistrates court, crown courts and courts martial, covering the whole range of criminal offences.
He is highly experienced in advising and representing individuals and companies in relation to Road Traffic and Regulatory offences.
John has rights of audience in the Higher Criminal Courts and is a qualified Duty Solicitor.
What they say about John:
• “Can’t thank you enough for your support on the day of the interview, I know I was a bit of a wreck on that day. Again thank you, and I will be recommending your services to others for sure.”
• “Mr Haythorn was most reassuring and supportive throughout what was a very traumatic evening for me and my family, it was a relief to have a professional with me.”
Associate and Head of the Criminal Department.
Rebecca specialises in Criminal Defence law covering offences across the whole spectrum of criminal law.
She is a qualified Duty Solicitor undertaking work at Police Stations, Magistrates Courts, Youth Courts and Crown Courts.
Rebecca is passionate about providing a proactive defence for our clients and ensuring the best possible outcome in their case.
With links to the Royal Navy, Rebecca is keen to support and work with the Armed Forces.
In December 2018 Rebecca was appointed as a member of the Law Advisory Board with Plymouth University and is an active member of the local legal community.
Rebecca is also the Chair of Governors at a local primary school and a Trustee with a multi-academy trust.
Rebecca qualified in South East England working in and around London before moving to Devon in 2011.
What they say about Rebecca:
• “If I needed a solicitor again I would definitely use this Company, a police friend of mine recommended you, it was very good advice.”
• “Very friendly and explained everything.
Associate Higher Rights Advocate
Michael qualified as a Solicitor in 1993, and as a Solicitor Advocate in 2004. He has represented clients in a wide variety of criminal cases for more than 20 years. In recent years he has conducted mainly Crown Court and Court Martial cases.
He has represented service personnel in the UK, Germany, Cyprus and Belize. He has conducted Crown Court and Court Martial trials and has appeared in the Court of Appeal and Court Martial Appeal Court.
What they say about Michael:
- “Is a true gentleman, never once rushed me; the service I received was beyond excellent, I would very highly recommend you to anyone who needed a criminal solicitor; also not having a Barrister helped me as only one individual to deal with which is more reassuring, I would like to say thank you very much.”
- “Prompt and thorough, excellent legal advice.”
- “I found no reason for Mr Green to improve on any aspect of his very supportive and professional conduct.”
Legal Assistant/Office Manager
Jan joined us in 2002 and is our Office Manager.
Jan also supports the solicitors in the Criminal Department on a day to day basis as their personal assistant.
"As a family we found the service provided to us was delivered with ’empathy’ and was in fact ‘outstanding’, we would most certainly recommend Woollcombe Yonge to friends.”