Legal Assistant/Office Manager
Jan joined us in 2002 and is our Office Manager.
Jan also supports the solicitors in the Criminal Department on a day to day basis as their personal assistant.
Tristan joined the firm as a Solicitor in the Criminal Department in October 2018.
He is an Accredited Duty solicitor.
Rebecca specialises in all aspects of Criminal Defence law and is a qualified Duty Solicitor undertaking work at Police Stations, Magistrates Courts and Crown Courts.
Rebecca qualified in South East England working in and around London before moving to Devon in 2011.
What they say about Rebecca:
• “If I needed a solicitor again I would definitely use this Company, a police friend of mine recommended you, it was very good advice.”
• “Very friendly and explained everything.
Michael qualified as a Solicitor in 1993, and as a Solicitor Advocate in 2004. He has represented clients in a wide variety of criminal cases for more than 20 years. In recent years he has conducted mainly Crown Court and Court Martial cases.
He has represented service personnel in the UK, Germany, Cyprus and Belize. He has conducted Crown Court and Court Martial trials and has appeared in the Court of Appeal and Court Martial Appeal Court.
What they say about Michael:
• “Is a true gentleman, never once rushed me; the service I received was beyond excellent, I would very highly recommend you to anyone who needed a criminal solicitor; also not having a Barrister helped me as only one individual to deal with which is more reassuring, I would like to say thank you very much.”
• “Prompt and thorough, excellent legal advice.”
Partner, Solicitor and Head of Crime
John is the Head of the Criminal Defence department and has been a Partner with the firm since 1982.
He specialises in criminal defence work including police station advice/representation and advocacy in the Magistrates and Crown Courts and at Courts Martial.
John has rights of audience in the Higher Criminal Courts.
What they say about John:
• “Can’t thank you enough for your support on the day of the interview, I know I was a bit of a wreck on that day. Again thank you, and I will be recommending your services to others for sure.”
• “Mr Haythorn was most reassuring and supportive throughout what was a very traumatic evening for me and my family, it was a relief to have a professional with me.”
Tracey joined the firm in 1989 and as well as being the Managing Partner of Woollcombe Yonge, she is also a Defence Lawyer.
She specialises in criminal defence work including police station advice/representation and advocacy in the Magistrates and Crown Courts and at Courts Martial.
Tracey has rights of audience in the Higher Criminal Courts.
What they say about Tracey:
• “I would like to convey my sincere gratitude for the way my solicitor represented me and to all the legal team and for your support after my case, thank you all so very much.”
• “You do not need to do anything to improve your service, I wish all solicitors were as good.”
"As a family we found the service provided to us was delivered with ’empathy’ and was in fact ‘outstanding’, we would most certainly recommend Woollcombe Yonge to friends.”